Monday, April 6, 2009

HELMET FREE!!

Great news!! As of this morning, Jaxon is officially helmet free! We had our monthly visit with Dr. Kelly (the helmet doctor) this morning and he said that Jaxon's head looks great! He was really pleased and gave us an excellent report.

I really didn't expect it to come off today, but Jonathan thought that it was about time. We were all so excited.
I do have to admit though, it was a little strange not having his helmet on today. It had become such a part of our daily routine to take it off and clean it 3 times a day. Also, I never had to worry about covering his head when it was cold outside and I realized today that I needed a blanket to cover his ears. Ya see, that is something that I never really worried about all winter because it was like he had a built-in hood. Speaking of hoods, I was picking out something for Jax to wear tomorrow and I realized that he can now wear collars, hoods, and ball caps!! These are all things that we had to stay away from when wearing the helmet. I did take him to Babies-R-Us today and I put a ball cap on him just to see how he looked in it. He was really cute, but he immediately took it off.

Dr. Kelly did warn us that it would take him a little while to adjust to not wearing the helmet. He said that we will probably see some bumps and bruises. Jaxon is very careless when it comes to falling down. He has always had a helmet on, so he doesn't realize that it hurts when you fall down. Although he was wearing it to reshape his head, it was also a very useful protective device! I never worried when he was on the hardwood floor or on the ceramic tile, because if he fell, his helmet usually protected him. This is something that he and I will both have to get used to. Goodbye hemet - hello bruises! Below are a few pictures of him tonight before bedtime.

What helmet??

Climbing up the Stairs

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Yay!!!! I'm so excited for him (and you)! He already looks so different in the pictures with his helmet off! He's such a cutie!

~The Taylor Family~ said...

Yipeeee! No more helmet! Glad he's doing better:) Wonder if Addie will recognize him??? LOL

Christmas Time!

Trip to Hawaii

Jaxon's Six Month Pictures

3 Month Portraits

Summertime!!

Our Wildcat Fan!


Amanda, Joseph, and Jax

Lindsey and Jaxon playing on his favorite play mat

Memaw and Jaxon

Aunt Jane feeding Baby Jax

Me, Jaxon, Jonathan, Grandma, & Dudley on our family picnic!

Wearing dad's shades

Mimi giving Jaxon a bath

Bath Time

He likes to smile!

Jaxon and Kaylor napping

Jaxon meeting some of the neighbors

Jaxon's First Studio Pictures

Jaxon and Kaylor

Jaxon and Kaylor
They are already best buddies!

Jaxon's first visit with his great-grandma, Mema

Jaxon's first visit with his great-grandma, Mema

Jaxon and Aunt Emily

Jaxon and Aunt Emily

Jaxon's Arrival!!

Anticipating the Big Day!

Anticipating the Big Day!
Jaxon, we're still waiting for your arrival!!

Jaxon's Room

Showered with Love

One of Jaxon's Very First Pictures

One of Jaxon's Very First Pictures
This is an ultrasound picture taken in December. You can see it is a headshot. He is holding his hands up by his face and is even grinning for the camera!

How We Spread the News!

How We Spread the News!
Dudley wore this T-shirt to reveal the exciting news that he was going to have a new sibling. His shirt said "Have you heard the big news? I'm going to be a big brother!!"