Sunday, January 25, 2009

Getting Older and On the Move!!

Well, I have to start off by saying that time is flying by even faster now that I am working again. It seems like everyday Jaxon is doing something new. My first couple of weeks back to work were rough; mainly because Jaxon got a really bad cold. It was terrible! The poor thing couldn't breath through his nose, he was so congested and had so much drainage that he couldn't even keep anything on his tummy. He was running a fever and coughing, and not sleeping! It was rough. We took him to the Dr. two times, and each time they reassured us that it was just a virus and that it would run its course within two weeks. Well, they were right because he is feeling much better now!
We also took him to Vanderbilt for a helmet check this past week and he is doing really well. Both the doctor and the prosthetic specialist were very pleased with the way his head is shaping up. They could not believe how much he has grown in the past month. It is true - it seems like we are constantly having to buy new clothes for him because he is just growing so fast.

Now that Jaxon is 9 months old and getting older, not only is he growing fast, but he is also moving fast! He has decided to be mobile, which keeps me and Jonathan on our toes. He is so curious and loves to investigate and check out everything! I love watching him figure out new things everyday.

Well, speaking of getting older, yesterday was my birthday. All I really wanted to do was to spend the day with Jonathan and Jaxon and go shopping. It was great - we really had an awesome time. We went to Opry Mills and went shopping. Jonathan and Jaxon watched the KY game at Dave & Busters and then we did some more shopping. Later on, Lindsey came and met us for dinner at Dave & Busters and we did a little bowling. Jonathan actually bowled his best game ever!! Yes, the picture below is right, he bowled a 244!! Please ignore mine and Lindsey's scores, we were mainly socializing and did not have our heads in the game ( ;

After our fun-filled day, we came home and had presents and birthday cake. Jonathan gave me an awesome album filled with our Hawaii pictures and best of all, a trip to Las Vegas!! Yes, we are going to Las Vegas to celebrate our birthdays and Valentines Day! I can't wait! Grandma is going to keep Jaxon for the weekend and we are going to celebrate! Jonathan will already be out there for work, so I am going to fly out there to meet him and spend a few days there with him. So far, 30 isn't so bad! I am so thankful for everything that I have!! Below are a few recent pictures that I wanted to share with everybody!

Lindsey and Jaxon (Notice Jonathan in the background bowling his best game ever!!)

Me, Jonathan, and Jaxon at Dave and Busters


Jaxon LOVES it when he is on Daddy's shoulders!! By the way - we tried to keep his socks on him, but he kept kicking them off.

Me, Lindsey, and Jaxon enjoying our not-so-great bowling!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm glad you guys had a great day!! Jaxon has DEFINITELY grown a lot since I saw him, and it hasn't been that long ago. Hope you had a GREAT Birthday. Talk to you soon!

~The Taylor Family~ said...

Hey! Looks like a fun day. Guess u had a good bday. I haven't seen him stand like that before:)Hopefully, he'll teach Addie a few things~lol. She rolled over several times tonight! Our babies are growing up:(
p.s. I'm jealous about ur Vegas trip!

Christmas Time!

Trip to Hawaii

Jaxon's Six Month Pictures

3 Month Portraits

Summertime!!

Our Wildcat Fan!


Amanda, Joseph, and Jax

Lindsey and Jaxon playing on his favorite play mat

Memaw and Jaxon

Aunt Jane feeding Baby Jax

Me, Jaxon, Jonathan, Grandma, & Dudley on our family picnic!

Wearing dad's shades

Mimi giving Jaxon a bath

Bath Time

He likes to smile!

Jaxon and Kaylor napping

Jaxon meeting some of the neighbors

Jaxon's First Studio Pictures

Jaxon and Kaylor

Jaxon and Kaylor
They are already best buddies!

Jaxon's first visit with his great-grandma, Mema

Jaxon's first visit with his great-grandma, Mema

Jaxon and Aunt Emily

Jaxon and Aunt Emily

Jaxon's Arrival!!

Anticipating the Big Day!

Anticipating the Big Day!
Jaxon, we're still waiting for your arrival!!

Jaxon's Room

Showered with Love

One of Jaxon's Very First Pictures

One of Jaxon's Very First Pictures
This is an ultrasound picture taken in December. You can see it is a headshot. He is holding his hands up by his face and is even grinning for the camera!

How We Spread the News!

How We Spread the News!
Dudley wore this T-shirt to reveal the exciting news that he was going to have a new sibling. His shirt said "Have you heard the big news? I'm going to be a big brother!!"