Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ice Ice Baby!

Well, Jaxon and I have really enjoyed this winter weather the past week. Thanks to some snow days, we were able to stay home and play for almost a week now! All of the ice has finally melted away, so it's back to school tomorrow. Although there was a little delay, Grandma's flight did make it in so she has been able to hang out with us for a few days. Jaxon has LOVED every minute of it! He is so busy and loves having another person around to play with him. Believe it or not, two days that we have been home, Jaxon actually poopied in the potty! Let's just say, this time I listened when he said "Jaxon potty!"
This snow was great because during the day it would melt a little and then freeze at night making it more like a hard icy snow. One night we wanted to take advantage of the slippery yard and decided to pull each other around on an oil tray that Jonathan fixed up to be more like a saucer. It went really fast and we had so much fun riding on it. At first, we didn't realize how fast it was actually going until we sat on it ourselves! Jaxon was laughing and giggling the whole time until he toppled over. He was a little more cautious after that, but still had fun! Once he fell off, he preferred to ride with mommy or daddy!



I also took a couple of pictures of the house since it snowed. Believe it or not, I am horrible about taking pictures, so these are actually the first pictures that I have taken of the house since we moved in.

Since grandma came in town and was staying for a little while, Jonathan and I decided to go out on a date. Although it was last minute, we had a great time. We went to a Predators game and then went out to eat at The Palm. It was super yummy and we had a great time!

With another day out of school, I decided to take Jaxon to get a haircut. Considering the last time wasn't the best situation, I decided that this time I would take him to 'Snip Its' in Cool Springs. This is a hair salon that is geared for kids only! It was really a cute place. Although he did do better this time, he is still not crazy about getting his hair cut! Considering how squirmy he was, the girl did a great job trimming him up, though!



2 comments:

Courtney said...

Your house looks so good in the snow!! I'm glad you guys got to have a date night. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

The blog is wonderful! Love all the pics and the commentary! I hope you can archive these because you could never replace them! Glad you all are enjoying the winter weather! Love you all!
Go CATS!

Christmas Time!

Trip to Hawaii

Jaxon's Six Month Pictures

3 Month Portraits

Summertime!!

Our Wildcat Fan!


Amanda, Joseph, and Jax

Lindsey and Jaxon playing on his favorite play mat

Memaw and Jaxon

Aunt Jane feeding Baby Jax

Me, Jaxon, Jonathan, Grandma, & Dudley on our family picnic!

Wearing dad's shades

Mimi giving Jaxon a bath

Bath Time

He likes to smile!

Jaxon and Kaylor napping

Jaxon meeting some of the neighbors

Jaxon's First Studio Pictures

Jaxon and Kaylor

Jaxon and Kaylor
They are already best buddies!

Jaxon's first visit with his great-grandma, Mema

Jaxon's first visit with his great-grandma, Mema

Jaxon and Aunt Emily

Jaxon and Aunt Emily

Jaxon's Arrival!!

Anticipating the Big Day!

Anticipating the Big Day!
Jaxon, we're still waiting for your arrival!!

Jaxon's Room

Showered with Love

One of Jaxon's Very First Pictures

One of Jaxon's Very First Pictures
This is an ultrasound picture taken in December. You can see it is a headshot. He is holding his hands up by his face and is even grinning for the camera!

How We Spread the News!

How We Spread the News!
Dudley wore this T-shirt to reveal the exciting news that he was going to have a new sibling. His shirt said "Have you heard the big news? I'm going to be a big brother!!"