Sunday, September 7, 2008

Great News & A Honky Tonk Weekend!

Friday afternoon we got the results back from Jaxon's CT scan. Thank goodness everything was normal, with the exception of the shape of his head, which we already knew. This was really good news!! The nurse reassured me that his brain was completely normal and there has been no premature fusion of the sutures in his skull!! How exciting!! I knew that he would take a good picture, but all of your thoughts and prayers definitely helped. We will now go to Vanderbilt at the end of the month to meet with a pediatric craniofacial plastic surgeon to discuss the possibility of helmet therapy.


Believe it or not, this is pretty common. I have talked to a few other parents that have also gone through this with their child. It would consist of Jaxon wearing a custom made helmet to help mold his head into a rounder shape. I have heard that it usually takes anywhere from 3-6 months, but we will get more details at the end of the month when we go to our appointment. Again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Fridays news was such a relief!!

This weekend Grandma came up to visit. We decided to go to the Country Music Hall of Fame since none of us had ever been there before. It was pretty interesting. They had some really neat exhibits, but I think the most fun was dressing Jaxon up as a cowboy and taking his picture. I am not sure what he thought about the cowboy hat, but it did keep the sun out of his eyes. Who knows....maybe Jaxon will be a cowboy for Halloween. I guess it depends on if he is wearing a helmet or not. If so, maybe he should be a football player!

Well, I think that is all for now. I will keep everyone updated with more recent pictures. I have included a couple of more pictures below that we took over the weekend.

No comments:

Christmas Time!

Trip to Hawaii

Jaxon's Six Month Pictures

3 Month Portraits

Summertime!!

Our Wildcat Fan!


Amanda, Joseph, and Jax

Lindsey and Jaxon playing on his favorite play mat

Memaw and Jaxon

Aunt Jane feeding Baby Jax

Me, Jaxon, Jonathan, Grandma, & Dudley on our family picnic!

Wearing dad's shades

Mimi giving Jaxon a bath

Bath Time

He likes to smile!

Jaxon and Kaylor napping

Jaxon meeting some of the neighbors

Jaxon's First Studio Pictures

Jaxon and Kaylor

Jaxon and Kaylor
They are already best buddies!

Jaxon's first visit with his great-grandma, Mema

Jaxon's first visit with his great-grandma, Mema

Jaxon and Aunt Emily

Jaxon and Aunt Emily

Jaxon's Arrival!!

Anticipating the Big Day!

Anticipating the Big Day!
Jaxon, we're still waiting for your arrival!!

Jaxon's Room

Showered with Love

One of Jaxon's Very First Pictures

One of Jaxon's Very First Pictures
This is an ultrasound picture taken in December. You can see it is a headshot. He is holding his hands up by his face and is even grinning for the camera!

How We Spread the News!

How We Spread the News!
Dudley wore this T-shirt to reveal the exciting news that he was going to have a new sibling. His shirt said "Have you heard the big news? I'm going to be a big brother!!"