Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Getting my Helmet!!

Wow- I don't even know where to begin! It has been so long since I have had time to update this thing, but here goes. We have had a lot going on and have been really busy!! First of all, we took Jaxon to Atlanta for a long weekend, then I took him home to Kentucky to visit with everyone, and then we recently went to San Diego to visit Aunt Em and Uncle John. We had a really good time, but as you can see, we have been on the go, go, go!

Between travels, Jaxon has also had a lot going on. First of all, he has now had his first vegetables. So far, peas and squash have been a big hit, but he could do without carrots and green beans. His facial expressions are priceless!

Jaxon also began the process of getting his helmet, which we now have!! First, we had to take him to what they call the "casting". Basically, they cast his head so they can custom make his helmet. He did not enjoy the "casting" procedure, but thankfully, it did not take too long.

It takes about 10 days to make the helmet, so in the meantime, we took a little mini-vacation and went to San Diego - we had a really good time. Jaxon did great on the plane. We took his video for times when he got bored. One day, Jonathan and I spent the day with Emily and Johnathan and we went to Disneyland for the day, while Grandma Paula kept Jaxon. We had a great time. Then one day, we took Jaxon downtown and went out on a boat for a tour of the harbor. This was his first boat ride! I think he enjoyed it!!

Well, we came home late Saturday night and Monday we went to get his helmet fitted!! He is so cute and he is doing really well with it so far! Last night and today we have to take it off for 30 minutes every two hours and then if he tolerates it well, it will be blue helmet for 23 hours a day. I know I am partial, but he does look like a cutie in it! We are soon going to decorate it and give it some personality. Right now, we are just getting to know it!

As you can see, it doesn't seem to bother him. Since we just got it yesterday, I don't have many pictures, but it will be a part of him for the months to come, so I will definately update the blog with more pictures in the future. Hopefully I will be able to more frequently since we will be home for a while now. We have not had our first public outing sportin the helmet yet. I am sure we will get some stares and funny comments. Fortunately, I found a couple of websites that sell baby helmet attire. We are definately going to order Jaxon some apparel. I can't wait for it to come in and I will update everyone with pictures!!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

oh my. he's precious. he's such a little trooper. if anyone makes comments or stares...just send them Aunt Lindsey's way. ;) People like that have serious issues. But i'm so happy he seems to be doing great with it. He'll be out of it in no time. see ya'll soon. love- Linds

Christmas Time!

Trip to Hawaii

Jaxon's Six Month Pictures

3 Month Portraits

Summertime!!

Our Wildcat Fan!


Amanda, Joseph, and Jax

Lindsey and Jaxon playing on his favorite play mat

Memaw and Jaxon

Aunt Jane feeding Baby Jax

Me, Jaxon, Jonathan, Grandma, & Dudley on our family picnic!

Wearing dad's shades

Mimi giving Jaxon a bath

Bath Time

He likes to smile!

Jaxon and Kaylor napping

Jaxon meeting some of the neighbors

Jaxon's First Studio Pictures

Jaxon and Kaylor

Jaxon and Kaylor
They are already best buddies!

Jaxon's first visit with his great-grandma, Mema

Jaxon's first visit with his great-grandma, Mema

Jaxon and Aunt Emily

Jaxon and Aunt Emily

Jaxon's Arrival!!

Anticipating the Big Day!

Anticipating the Big Day!
Jaxon, we're still waiting for your arrival!!

Jaxon's Room

Showered with Love

One of Jaxon's Very First Pictures

One of Jaxon's Very First Pictures
This is an ultrasound picture taken in December. You can see it is a headshot. He is holding his hands up by his face and is even grinning for the camera!

How We Spread the News!

How We Spread the News!
Dudley wore this T-shirt to reveal the exciting news that he was going to have a new sibling. His shirt said "Have you heard the big news? I'm going to be a big brother!!"