Jaxon is doing much, much better with his cereal. He still LOVES his bottle, but really enjoys his cereal as long as he's not too super hungry. He loves it when I sing songs to him as he eats. He just looks at me and giggles.
As you know, we have moved Jaxon in his own room and he seems to really like it. Well, since moving him into his room, we have started using a new baby monitor. It works really well, almost too well. Ya see, the other morning at around 5:30, we heard Jaxon moving around in his crib. And then, we heard what sounded like a baby's cry, but I knew that it did not sound like Jaxon. Well, a couple more minutes went by and we kept hearing the same sounds. Jonathan and I could not figure it out, so Jonathan decided to go ahead and get Jaxon and we would feed him. Well, Jonathan brought Jaxon in the living room and I began to give him his bottle. At about that time, we heard a man's voice on the baby monitor very loud and clear. He said "Good Morning, Sweetheart."
Needless to say, me and Jonathan were shocked!! It sounded like there was a man in the next room!! It was a good thing that we had already gotten Jaxon up because Jonathan would have had to go in there with the baseball bat preparing to fight off an intruder! Fortunately, we immediately recognized the voice - it was Kerry! About that time we then heard Courtney say "Good Morning! Good Morning!" For those of you who don't know, Courtney and Kerry are some of our very best friends that live a few doors down from us. They are Kaylor's parents. Oh, and the baby that we were hearing - that was Kaylor!! Anyway, Jonathan and I were laughing like crazy - we could not believe it. It was hilarious and I kept laughing about it all day.
It was really weird, though. It was like we were a fly on the wall listening to their morning routine, which by the way, was very pleasant! They must be morning people, unlike me. Thank goodness we know them and were able to tell them about the unintentional ease-dropping situation later on that day over dinner. We laughed hysterically over it and then spent the rest of the afternoon trying to figure out a way to stay out of each others frequency!
I think that we figured it out, but it still makes for good laughs. It just goes to show, you never know who may be listening in. So, for all of you out there that use a baby monitor, be careful because someone may be listening. Or even if you don't have a baby, maybe you would want to purchase a monitor for your own amusement - just kidding!! Anyway, below are some recent pictures of Jaxon and Kaylor playing on the play mat. They are getting so big!!
Again, please remember to say a little prayer and send good vibes our way regarding his test next week!! I will update again soon!!
3 comments:
I laughed out loud to myself at work today about this little monitor situation. I also told my co-workers the story over lunch and some actually had similar stories-too funny!!
I can't believe how big they are getting. Jaxon is adorable!!
I'm dyin! ;) I just went through a plethora of emotions...from wondering what baby was still in jaxon's room after you got him...to scared when you heard a man's voice in his room...then i died laughing when you said it was kerry, your friend/neighbor. oh man! that's too funny. then i pictured you and jonathan losing it & laughing once you figured out it was them. that's a good one that i'm gonna have to share with people that don't even know you at work! ha! i'll try to call you again tomorrow. we keep playing phone tag. give jax a kiss!!
Hey,Ash! Not sayin' a little prayer, but a great BIG one for all of you! God will take care of this precious boy.
From someone who is older and wiser(SAM):
Hey, cousin Jax! Being put to sleep is no biggy. LaLa Land isn't such a bad place to be, because you at least forget that you're hungry. We'll get together when we can talk better and compare notes. BTW, my mom really liked the little yellow hospital gown they put me in. She thought I was really stylin' in it. Let me know what color yours is. I can teach you a few tricks about that baby monitor, too...I can find mine and put part of it in my mouth. That really freaks the parents out. Also, when they turn your mobile around toward the outside of the bed where they think you can't reach it, give me a call. I'll tell you how to pull it off and get it in the crib with you, so you can play with all those things that kept moving around in circles. C ya later.
Hugs and Kisses,
Sam and his Granna
Post a Comment