Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bathroom Time

Ever since we moved into the new house, Jaxon has really found the bathroom quite interesting. He likes to turn the water on and off, flush the toilet, tear off toilet paper, and then throw it away. He also LOVES to brush his teeth with his Elmo toothbrush. Well, the other day when I picked Jaxon up from daycare, his teacher informed me that he went "poopie" in the potty. I was shocked! I couldn't believe that she was talking about my Jaxon. We have not even started "potty talk" at home, so I couldn't believe my ears! The past few weeks, or so, he has been telling us "Jaxon poopie" either right before or right after he has done his business, but he is VERY inconsistent with telling us, so we haven't really given it too much thought.

Anyway, since he used the potty at daycare, we thought we'd better get his potty out here at the house. We've had it for a while, but hadn't even opened it. So, that afternoon, we went ahead and introduced Jaxon to his new potty seat. It is in the shape of a soccer ball, so at first he started kicking it, but then realized exactly what it was for. It was pretty funny. We didn't say anything else about it though, because we definately don't want to push the issue or force him into something he is not ready for - but when he is ready, it is there.

A couple of days later, we went out to eat Mexican. On the way home, as we were pulling into the driveway, Jaxon said "Jaxon poopie-Jaxon soccer ball." Jonathan and I brought him inside and decided to sit him on his new potty to see what would happen. Well.... it was hilarious! He sat there on his new potty and grunted and strained and said "Jaxon poopie." To make a long story short, after sitting there and pretending to do his business, nothing happened. He was sure enjoying pretending though.

After he sat there for a while, I decided to go ahead and put him in the bathtub to take a bath. He LOVES bathtime. He plays and plays with all his bath toys and loves the suds. He could stay in there forever and never get bored. Anyway, I was watching him and folding laundry at the same time. He was still amused with the soccer potty and began to say "Jaxon soccer ball" "Jaxon poopie". He then began to pretend to strain and grunt, just like he had before. Well....lets just say, this time he wasn't pretending! It was the real deal! I was in shock! This was definately a first! Jonathan came into help me and began explaining to Jaxon that we DO NOT poopie in the bathtub. I then had to tell him that Jaxon did tell me before he did it, but I thought he was pretending again. I guess next time, I'll listen!
.........there's never a dull moment here in the Wayland house!

No comments:

Christmas Time!

Trip to Hawaii

Jaxon's Six Month Pictures

3 Month Portraits

Summertime!!

Our Wildcat Fan!


Amanda, Joseph, and Jax

Lindsey and Jaxon playing on his favorite play mat

Memaw and Jaxon

Aunt Jane feeding Baby Jax

Me, Jaxon, Jonathan, Grandma, & Dudley on our family picnic!

Wearing dad's shades

Mimi giving Jaxon a bath

Bath Time

He likes to smile!

Jaxon and Kaylor napping

Jaxon meeting some of the neighbors

Jaxon's First Studio Pictures

Jaxon and Kaylor

Jaxon and Kaylor
They are already best buddies!

Jaxon's first visit with his great-grandma, Mema

Jaxon's first visit with his great-grandma, Mema

Jaxon and Aunt Emily

Jaxon and Aunt Emily

Jaxon's Arrival!!

Anticipating the Big Day!

Anticipating the Big Day!
Jaxon, we're still waiting for your arrival!!

Jaxon's Room

Showered with Love

One of Jaxon's Very First Pictures

One of Jaxon's Very First Pictures
This is an ultrasound picture taken in December. You can see it is a headshot. He is holding his hands up by his face and is even grinning for the camera!

How We Spread the News!

How We Spread the News!
Dudley wore this T-shirt to reveal the exciting news that he was going to have a new sibling. His shirt said "Have you heard the big news? I'm going to be a big brother!!"